Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Anniversary

This time of year will always be special to me. My birthday, and several cherished family members birthdays. My ex husband and I were married in October, it was a pretty ceremony and full of the love we had for each other at the time.

More importantly it marks the anniversary of telling my three teenagers that I am bi-sexual. I cried when they accepted me so openly and told me they loved me and that they had kind of guessed as much. I wept tears of joy and relief at finally being able to admit to them, and then the world who I am. They each held me until we ended up in a huge group hug. Wiggling and giggling at each other while they kissed and hugged and tickled my tears away.

Soon after I advised them that a good friend of mine was indeed my girlfriend. They had guessed as much as well.

I am so grateful everyday for my gorgeous kids and their capacity to love. Thank you goes out to them everyday for being the amazing people that they are.

No shame, no embarrassment, no judgements, no name-calling, no harsh phobias.

Love, joy, acceptance and understanding.

Who could possibly want for anything more?

No comments:

Post a Comment